Sunday, August 30, 2009

Perfect rice with a Zojirushi?

I recently purchased an induction Zojirushi rice cooker - over the course of the last month I've been experimenting with a couple of different rices and recipes. So far one of my favorite creations was a dried cherry, vanilla, sugar and white rice porridge. This was an incredible hot breakfast alternative to oatmeal. Overall the Zojirushi does a good job with rice and certainly takes a lot of the hassle out of it. One of the things i like the most is the ability to set the timer to finish the rice at a certain time - for instance, in the morning add the rice and water and set to be ready for dinner. I usually make brown rice and so far my experience has been that the rice is overcooked - I get better results when I use less water then the instructions direct. While its more convenient then stove top, I'm not sure that its worth the price (almost $300).


No comments:

Post a Comment